Tuesday, November 4, 2014

St. Jude Heroes

Just a handful of months ago my best friend Ashton decided she wanted to train and run her very first marathon. With any friend of mine that tells me this for the first time I have a very hard time containing my excitement. I told her I wanted to be there every step of the way. Giving her full control to decide when and where we would run it and she chose the St. Jude Half in Memphis the first weekend in December.

So many good things can be said about St. Jude. but their main focus is to ensure that no child ever pays for anything at St. Jude .

We then decided we were going to become Heroes and commit to raising $500 for St. Jude. What better thing to be doing exactly what we love while helping out a wonderful cause. I couldn't have been more excited for the journey ahead.

A few months passed while many family members donated, some old friends, and even my running "dad". Some donated as birthday presents to other friends. I even did a raffle give-a-way of a cake I decorated at my work with complete profits going toward my goal.

I was so close to hitting my goal for two months and tonight after I closed my ThirtyOne Fundraiser I finally surpassed my goal. I actually ended up raising 140% of my goal so far. Thank you so much to all those that have helped me get closer to my goals by donating. I can't thank them enough. I am filled with so much joy and warmth knowing that every little bit helps.

If anyone would like to donate any there is still a month left until race day! I will continue my efforts until race day.


No comments:

Post a Comment