Monday, November 3, 2014

New to the Blog World!

Hello World. Mackenzie here.

I've always wanted to start a blog and well, here goes nothing! Overweight but content woman in her 20s turned avid runner and lifter working her way through life one healthy decision at a time Striving daily for a balance of running, lifting, living, and trying to love each new day.

I work 5-6 days a week, sometimes 8-10 hour days, at my full-time day job and also work part-time at Snap Fitness filling in for the current managers. Working out comes as early as 4 a.m. some days or after a long day of work on others. I try to be as flexible as possible because no two days are the same.

I'll be taking you through the journey that is my life. I may bore you a little but believe me it can be one interesting ride. Today was a good day to start because I hit a major PR on my one mile run time followed by a much needed chest & tricep lift session. I don't usually push myself when I run but my friends and I have a November challenge going on that I will explain later and it has me stepping major out of my box. Today was a rest day from running multiple miles so I stepped outside at the gym and decided to see how fast I could push it not on a treadmill. One mile, multiple circles behind businesses, and 7:55 minutes later and I thought I might hurl a bit. I've never ran that fast on my own. My previous non-race mile time was 8:37. That's a big difference and even bigger than my normal every day pace between 9:30-10:30 min miles. Maybe pushing myself is what I need.


Well, that's all I have for now. I'll get better at this I promise. Hope you enjoy my journey as much as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment